Since I've been in California, I've been able to see a show almost every month! Here is the documentation...
July: I went on a wonderful date to go see The Fray. I already posted about this... So go back and read that blog! Such a fun night-- outdoor summer concerts with good company are very hard to beat.

My friend from Utah/California and fellow Alta Hawk, Travis Van Hoff, is in a freshy-fresh band called The Sequence. You should check out their stuff. Me and Larry and Jen cruised to Chain Reaction in Anaheim to meet up with more amigos and to watch The Sequence do their thing. It was their welcome-back show after many long weeks of touring and it was bomb! I even got water spit on me from the lead-singer of the opening band. How memorable is that?

August: I went on another wonderful date to go see Lil' Wayne. I also already posted about this, but now I have some pictures!! This one is off my phone, so the quality isn't great. But you know that Weezy was on point-- seeing that there was FIRE on stage! You better believe that I was jumping up and down excited for this show. A many-year-long dream was fulfilled and I can cross that off my list:)

September: My friend and fellow Dance Committee member, Tiffani Albright, went to go see Citizen Cope at the House of Blues in Downtown Disney. What can I say about this show?... I feel like it changed my life... Okay. Maybe that's a little dramatic. But I LOVED it. His voice is so amazing and the show was so simple. Lots of love to that man. And was he wearing a light-olive leather blazer? Yes, he was. And was it amazing? Yes, it was. I spent a good hour or so the next day doing some online shopping looking for one. Tiff was so fun to go with!


October: Lucky me, I got to go to two shows in a week! My friend Jen Wall was like my life partner for a solid week. She came over almost every night and kept me great company! I love her so much-- she really is the best. Okay. So Jen and I went to go see Matisyahu at the House of Blues with some of my friends from work. It was AMAZING. The guy who opened for him had dreds down to his knees and the show was such high energy. Matisyahu is like, King of Beatboxing, and I could not believe how talented he was live! A Jewish Reggae Rapper... who knew?

Just two short days after Jen and I went to that show, I got a call from her boyfriend, Troy. That little romantic had arranged to propose to Jen onstage (again at the House of Blues) during his friend's band's concert!! So Jenny and I continued on our life-partners-for-a-week excursions... got dressed up, went out to dinner, and went to the show. The proposal was so sweet and I felt very much a part of it, as I was responsible for taking pictures:) Congratulations, Tro-Jen!

November: uh...
December: Okay, so Trav-dawg and The Sequence have been doing incredibly well.. They won the Pac-Sun Tour for Los Angeles and have had some really awesome opportunities! I'm so proud to know Travis. He is sooo dope and so kind. When I moved at the end of last summer, Travis learned one of my favorite songs on the guitar and played it for me before I left. He's so talented. Me, Madyson, Erikka, Britney, and Chelsea all packed into the car and once again, drove to Downtown Disney to support Trav. The show was so great. It was cool to see such a great turnout. The sound was incredible, they played my favorite song of theirs, and I just loved my night! It was fun to go out with the girls...

That's all.

Hahah! November made me LOL! Let's go to a concert together..I think it will seal our relationship!
ReplyDeleteYou've gone to more shows in the last 6 months than I think I have in my life.
ReplyDeleteLook who I found on blogspot.com! J.P. I can't believe i didn't know you were in Cali... Are you going to be there for good? Where do you work? Anyway, I'm glad I found your blog I feel like I haven't seen or talked to you in forever! Let's change that
ReplyDelete