Tuesday, December 1, 2009

time flies...

I can't believe it's been three weeks! I feel like I just posted.... Guess not.



Well, time flies when you're working hard! Here at the ol' tax firm we've all been putting in our overtime. Our deadline for filing our appeals was yesterday, so appeal season is officially OVER! I wish I could express how happy I am. The only problem is that now I get to deal with all the clean-up and all the mail we're going to be getting and all of the follow-ups and crap. But at least I'm under no pressure-- our whole office was breaking a sweat yesterday trying to finalize everything. My coworker clocked in 57 hours of OVERTIME. In addition to his 75 normal working hours. Can you believe that? Now he's suffering from some type of stress-induced flu. Haha!! Just Kidding. That's not funny.

Last week was a little hectic. A bunch of really long days. Wednesday, in fact, never ended!! Hopped up out my bed, came to the office, worked til midnight, then drove through the night to get to Utah for Thanksgiving. Mom, I'm sorry I didn't help at all with the cooking. I could've done the French Silk Pie, but I couldn't keep my eyes open!! I got home early in the afternoon, slept for an hour, ate a DELICIOUS meal with my family and my Kordsiemon cousins, and then got to hang out with some of my nearest and dearest.

I wish I had pictures!! My b.f. Jordan was in town from Hawaii for the day and I got to spend some good quality time with him. Jordy has been so good to me!! I love him and his family so much. They are such great examples. SO. Jord and I went over to our dear friend Jake's house. Jake is a ten, ladies. If you want someone who is righteous, hardworking, athletic, smart, and who has beautiful brown eyes, look no further. Jakey, I love you. After a little bit of time at Jake's, our good friend Tony came over. Tony goes to West Point in New York and so it is a rare and blessed occasion that we get to see him! Over the summer, Tony broke his wrist and so he couldn't attend one of his field trainings. This, in addition to our mutual state of unemployment, made for three weeks of one of the best summers I have ever had!! I loved being in the Day Club with Tony. He, like his 'twin' Jake, is a ten. I'm going to New York to visit him soon at Hogwarts... Can't wait! Tone bud, I love you. Later that night, T and I went to Reese's house. As we all know, Reese was my first date, and I remind him every time I see him that we've been dating for 7 years:) He's so tall and so kind!! Of course, Cook was also over there. I had a crush on Ryan Cook from 1st grade until 6th grade. For some reason, I just can't get out of the friend zone! ahhahaha! Cook, I love you too.

Hm. I wasn't planning on writing about my friends... But I guess, why not?! I've known all of these boys since elementary school. So, I'm gonna round up and say I've known them my whole life. I've been very blessed to be associated with such a high caliber of men!! Boys don't blog. So it's safe to brag about them here:)

My good friend Neil Aboshamaa taught me that making your blog too long makes it boring. So I'm going to start a new post. But my thoughts are just going to continue... haha

4 comments:

  1. jamie i am sad that i haven't seen you since cassidy's wedding. i like when you blog. and i like you. and i wish i knew what was new with your lub life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear sweet Sarah Jane just asked about my lub life. Bless her little heart...

    ReplyDelete
  3. mm miss the day club...summer of jumping over the fence to the pool...laying out with Tony...love that he lays out...loved seeing you this weeekend...too short of a visit
    glad you are back in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neil has a good point...except you are a good writer and I like to read your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete