Everyday as I'm heading out to the beach, Kui says, "Just livin' the dream". I'm gonna be honest; I get kinda defensive when I hear that. Yes, I am going to spend the afternoon relaxing and enjoying palm trees and sand, BUT I feel like the rest of the day I do a pretty good job at filling my time searching and applying for jobs, looking for housing, reading, planning, blah blah blah...
I came across a quote the other day:
"Young people are in a condition like permanent intoxication, because youth is sweet and they are growing."--Aristotle
I've gotta say, even though I like to think that I'm all grown up and taking on responsibility, I am stuck in a state of permanent intoxication. I love being young. I love knowing that I have time to enjoy myself, learn, take afternoons off to spend at the beach. I'm reading The Alchemist right now. It's all about fulfilling your life dreams, taking each day in stride, paving your own path, and recognizing that each experience is a building block. The more I think about my life, the luckier I feel, and I know it's partly because this "youth is sweet"!!!
I did yoga on my rooftop tonight... I can tell that I haven't moved my body in two weeks, but it felt good! I've got all these positive vibes flowin. In all actuality, it probably isn't the yoga-- I'm guessing it's the whole "legalized marijuana" thing. You never know what's in the air you're breathing...
Shakira, shakira, I registered for my Zumba workshop. Come August 24, I expect to see everyone outside my door ready for an hour of body rolling and shaking, well, everything... Hopefully I'll be able to find somewhere out here to teach and make some extra cash flow.
Today I ate Del Taco and a Reese's FastBreak... It's been my best day so far...

DEL TACO AND FASTBREAK!? nooooooooo. that is just too depressing for me to hear. why am i not there?
ReplyDeleteThis just made my day.. if only I was there to share your good day!
ReplyDeleteMiss you