Thursday, July 30, 2009

the turnaround...

I don't believe in shooting stars, but I believe in shoes and cars.

FINALLY, after weeks of walking up rusted spiral stairs, sleeping in a shed, being "the little sister they never had", and sharing the living quarters with 9 to 11 dirty boys (all of whom I love dearly), I found a home! Maddie and I moved into our new apartment on Monday and I seriously love it! We live with three other girls that are dope and two itty bitty baby kittens, Fez and KiKi. It is so nice to be able to walk around and shower in-home instead of at the gym and pool. We're a little farther away from the beach, but it's still just a five minute drive. Perfect!

(Relief Society Shoutout): Good news moment #2: I HAVE A JOB!! I sleep with Maddie, eat with Maddie, hang out with Maddie, and now we work together. Bomb. So, I'm an administrative assistant at a property tax firm in Costa Mesa. I listen to Ryan Seacrest in the morning during the commute, get to work and cook some oatmeal, file papers, organize documents, type, copy, go on breakfast runs. Perk: they provide all the snacks a girl could ever dream of and a refrigerator stocked with my D.C... It's not in my field, but it's work, and as Lil' Wayne says, "I love to work."

So. Guess where I went last night? The Fray concert!!! It was so so much fun-- we had awesome seats on the grass at the Verizon Amphitheatre in Irvine and it was probably the best time I've had since I got here! I went with my new BFF Garrett, my ex-roommate Larry, his lover Tiffani, her brother Troy and his cute girlfriend Jen, who sat in the orchestra which was far away from my co-worker Tanner and his cute girlfriend Daile, who is the sister of my roommate Maddie. All in the family, all in the family. If you ever get the chance to see The Fray live, do it. People gladly share their marijuana with you, and the man's voice is flawless. (Mom and Dad: you know I don't smoke marijuana, right? Right... Okay... Just checkin.)

Overall, the stress of the unknown is starting to go away, things are totally starting to settle, and I consider this week a major turnaround!!

Here are some pictures from the night. I'm saving my ticket.

His name is Larry-- I call him Lawrence (because I feel like Larry should be short for something) or Fairy (because I love rhymes)
Gare Bear--this dude is a stunner. TheForestLab.com
From L to R: Me, Jen (future hairdresser to the stars), and Tiff (#1 nanny).







5 comments:

  1. I'm so so so happy for you. Glad you've got a job, a place to live, friends and free marijuana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Baby Shower--my place 8/8--you can hitch a ride with mom before your plane leaves. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you were having a CRAPPY time so you'd come back to your REAL home, it's whatever I guess. I miss you and it makes me sad that I don't get to see you everyday. I hope you decide to come home.


    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am jealous of your life, Jaim. Now that you have an address, gimme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaime Perry! Whoo Whoo you have a blog! I have to second that your life seems pretty dang fun! I love you

    ReplyDelete