
First of all, I need a new camera. I feel like I have no documentation of my fun events over the last few months... So. If anyone is feeling like they want to sponsor a sister, feel free.
After I vowed to myself never to get in a car that was headed in the direction of Utah ever again, I got in my car and headed in the direction of Utah. Of course. FORTUNATELY, I didn't have to drive by myself... driving through the night by your lonesome is not a good idea. Don't do it. But 11 hours after embarking on this hellish adventure (that turned out not too hellish, actually), I arrived in Sandy, UT 84092... I hate going to bed after the sun comes up, but my morning nap was much anticipated and very much appreciated.
Day 1, Thursday: Hopped up out my bed, turned my swag on, went downstairs, made french toast and eggs, went to a tennis match, hung out with Jordan Schipper Anderson, went to Gardner Village for my wife's wedding dinner, ate deliciousness, shed some tears, watched a movie, blah blah blah. It was a great day!! Cassidy looked gorgeous, Trevor looked handsome, I got to see my most loved friends from Alta High School, home of the hawks. It was a beautiful dinner and it got me so excited for the bride and groom:)

Day 2, Friday: I must've gone to bed super late on Thursday because I woke up super late on Friday. My mom was preparing for my sister's baby shower and she had to stop by the bakery to get some blondies and brownies; so she sent me a text message that said I should go in and say hi. (History: I worked at Hagermann's Bakehouse Cafe for 4 years-- they're family, for sure). Garrett and I went to the bakery and were treated to a delicious lunch by Dave, my bakehouse Grandpa. Seriously, I love going in and seeing everybody! The best part is seeing all the customers that have been coming in 6 days a week for the last 5 years. I got a big kiss on the cheek from Bill, one of the faithful followers, and lunch was BOMB. So overall, successful meal. Friday night Cassidy had a last little bachelorette get together so I went there and then after I went to Taylor Moody's (aka Big Basic) house. Picked up G unit, came home, peaced out.

Day 3, Saturday: I avoided my mom's muscle blast class like the plague:) Got ready, drove to the temple and watched my beautiful Cassidy and Trevor come out of the draper temple, happily wed! She was such a perfect little bride and I am so happy I was able to be a part of her special day. My sister, Jen, had a baby shower for baby Perry at our house later that afternoon and so I got to visit with a bunch of family friends and cousins and such. My cousin, Brandi, got engaged and I was able to see her and her beautiful ring! Congratulations baby cuz:) I lost track of time (of course) and rushed over to Draper Historic Park for pictures and the reception. It was an awesome night! I loved being able to visit with everybody and I loved the pineapple slushies. I loved the handmade puff ball decorations, I loved the cake, I loved the hanging pictures from the trees, I loved the colors, the flowers, the dresses, the groomsmen, the rick-rack, the centerpieces... EVERYTHING!! Cass-- you did an AMAZING job. All that stress was worth it:)

Day 4, Sunday: Drove. Drove. Drove. We made a pit stop in St. Geezy and I got to hold the prettiest little baby girl!! It got me so excited for my little pear bear to come. There was a lot of singing, a lot of rapping, a lot of visiting, a lot of downhill-- I was so happy to get home; I think G was getting a little scared from all the road rage... But the car ride was actually pretty fun:)
Note to friends: Please don't get married anytime soon. I can't afford to come out, but my heart can't afford to miss your wedding. So please, for my sake and for my bank accounts sake, just hold off for a little while, okay? Sarah Jane-- I'm praying that my baby comes the day before your wedding so I can make it:)

I am praying too!!! Love you jaim!
ReplyDeleteholy you are the bees knees and I miss you every second...home baby....you and g-unit need to come back for a weekend!
ReplyDeleteJaime.. I love you! Thank you for this blog and being my EVERYTHING!! XOXOX
ReplyDeleteI love it when your friends get married...then I get to see my baby girl! Much thanks to G for talking you safely home (or was he mostly listening???) Either way, makes a mom feel happy that her girl isn't on the road by her lonesome. XOXO.
ReplyDeleteYou look so cute in that outfit! Nice legs...why didn't I get those? Perry misses his auntie--come back to UT asap.
ReplyDelete