Friday, August 14, 2009

weezy f baby

GUESS WHO SAW LIL' WAYNE AND THE WHOLE CASH MONEY RECORDS FAMILY IN CONCERT?!?!?!?!



To anyone who has known me longer than one day, you realize what a monumental event this was for me. I've been DYING to see Lil' Wayne-- especially after he cancelled his show in Salt Lake that I was totally pumped for. So my good friend Matt (who hooked me up with the SLC tickets) sent me a message to remind me that Lil' Wayne would be in California in August... I was like, gotta get tickets, gotta get tickets. Of course, August 13th rolls around, and I never got tickets. BUT THEN.......

I got a text from my hoodrat friend, Garrett, early afternoon-- "What are you doing tonight?" blah blah blah... "Be ready at 5 o'clock." blah blah blah... So I had a feeling that we were going to do something fun, but NEVER IN MY WILDEST DREAMS did I think we were going to weezy, especially since he still needs convincing that ma boy is all that....

So he comes to pick me up, and with a little grin on his face, I heard: "We're going to Lil' Wayne". Oh my gosh, somebody call an ambulance, my heart is about to stop and I might pass out from the excitement. Honestly, I'm not exaggerating. I was positive I was going to need to sit down and take a twenty so I didn't end up in the E.R. instead of rockin it with the Fireman (F-Fire-Fireman).

We drove to Universal Studios, got some yummy dinner, and then hit the amphitheatre... IT. WENT. DOWN. Young Jeezy opened up and we put on for our cities (on on for our cities). There was some hilarious German sitting by us. I still don't know how I feel about him, but he and G became good buddies...

The lights turn down, and on the screens, we see my man Lil' Wayne walking up to the stage from his pre-party. HOLY CRAP. It was like being reunited with my best friend... except for the fact that we've never been united before...

Bottom line: I can't express how in love I was with this show. I loved that it was a surprise, I loved that there were a million artists there, I loved that I almost climbed over a railing in the parking garage to take a shortcut and fortunately got saved before I fell to my death, I loved the fire, the dancers, the bass pounding in my heart.... It was like, unnnn-believable.

So straight up, I know that I sound a little overdramatic, but whatever. I love Weezy, and I'm conviced that he loves me.

Here are some words for thought.
The man is brilliant.


"Even Gwen Stefani said she couldn't doubt me."

"Cuz my seconds, minutes, hours go to the almighty dollar."
"Love, live life, proceed, progress."
"And if you leave, you're leaving the best. So, you would have to settle for less."

"Gotta work everyday, gotta not be cliche, gotta stand out like Andre 3K, gotta kick it--kick it like sensei."
"Your boy ain't good enough-- style ain't hood enough."

I'll try to snatch up some actual pictures/footage from the night and when I do, I'll get them on here!! Cuz you thought Lil' Wayne is Weezy, but Weezy is Dwayne. Word.

4 comments:

  1. Since I can't be there, it does my heart good to know you have a mentor in Lil' Wayne. XO, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is me commenting on this post! Yes, the reason I haven't said anything until now is because I am jealous. But I am happy a cute boy took you and you had a good time. We must go again! I love you and I will see you in a weeek!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have tried to see him for yrs now. so jealous. glad that one of us got to see him, however.

    ReplyDelete